Financing of the social bond
What is the social bonus?
We explain the new financing of the social bond
The social electricity bonus is a discount, regulated by the Government, which aims to protect consumers in vulnerable situations.
The new financing mechanism of the social bonus is regulated by Royal Decree-Law 6/2022, of March 29 and the subsequent update included in Order TED/733/2022 of July 22 and is applicable to all market agents
Who can benefit from the social bonus?
In order to qualify for the social bonus, it is essential to meet some requirements:
- Have contracted the voluntary price for small consumers (PVPC) in the habitual residence
- Comply with the personal, family and income requirements established in https://www.bonosocial.gob.es/
What does the new social bond financing model consist of?
With this change, the financing of the social bonus will no longer fall solely on the electricity marketers, but will be financed by all companies in the sector: generators, distributors, marketers and consumers, distributed as follows:
- Unit values corresponding to production activities: €1.294768/MWh produced
- Unit values corresponding to transportation: €0.005716/€ paid
- Unit values corresponding to the distribution activity: €1.151582/CUPS
- Unit values corresponding to the marketing activity: €13.401931/CUPS
- Unit values corresponding to direct consumers in the market will be €1.282647/MWh consumed
These values have been determined by the National Markets and Competition Commission (CNMC), who could modify them in the event of deviations greater than 20% from real needs.
How will I see it reflected on my electricity bill?
As of the publication of Royal Decree-Law 6/2022, of March 29 and the subsequent update included in Order TED/733/2022 of July 22, you will see a new line on your invoice for financing the social bonus and which will correspond to the unit values of the marketing activity: €13.401931/CUPS/year.